After the usual orientation and team introduction tour I opened a new Power Point presentation and started preparing my personal mission. The purpose of that document was for me to define a high-level road-map that helps me keep my compass set in the right direction.
First slide reads like this: “My mission is streamlined with the company’s core working values: Transparency, Excellence, Teamwork, and Innovation”.
I defined the following objectives:
- (T1) Providing consistent visibility to key business data residing over the different line-of-business systems. (Tool: Business Intelligent)
- (T2) Providing visibility to corporate content pertinent to business rules and other information about business processes. (Tool: SharePoint)
To define more measurable indicators, I identified the following measures out in a simple informal way:
- (M1-T) Percentage of awareness of new joiners about: ‘how to do this job’ and ‘where to find that piece of information’.
- (M2-T) Percentage of awareness of BUs about: ‘who is responsible of that shared task’, ‘who acted on that shared task’, ‘what is the status of that task’, and ‘how to follow up actions’.
- (M3-T) Percentage of visibility of shared communication on shared/team tasks.
- (M4-T) Percentage of employees having access to their personal performance metrics, and related business measures (dashboards and scoreboards).
- (M5-T) Percentage of automatic alert notifications about major triggers related to business objects (example, when contract is signed,..).
- (E1) Excellent quality of operations and processes that would guarantee customer satisfaction and support business growth planning.
- (E2) Optimal response time and process workflow with defined and trackable SLA.
For the Excellence objective, I defined the following measures:
- (M1-E) Percentage of automation and reporting on of quality monitoring.
- (M2-E) Percentage of automation of core business processes and operations.
- (M3-E) Percentage of automation of SLA tracking and reporting.
- (TW1) Building a team-based platform for sharing information and knowledge (SharePoint).
- (TW2) Ensuring means for team collaboration, task assignment and tracking, and performance measurement.
For this I defined the following measure:
- (M1-TW) Percentage of automation of process workflow.
Go further with cutting-edge technologies: mobile, web, and social marketing and CRM technologies.
While I found it hard to define indicators for measuring the one goal that doesn’t fit into ready molds, but I can say that this can be measured by the effect seen in the competing market in terms of outstanding appeal to customers.
After finishing this “personal road map”, I felt so happy, fully charged, and targeted. I felt that I put my energy, focus, tools, directions on the one path. However, speaking about how this plan went, what I achieved, and what I did not and why is another story, may be to be told in another post!